1: Each person starts by posting 8 random facts/habits about him-/herself.
2: People who are tagged then write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: Each post should include 8 tags of (presumably previously un-tagged) other bloggers.
4: Participants should notify the other bloggers and tell them they’re tagged, and ask them to read the accompanying blog.
So with all that out of the way, here are 8 things that most of the blogosphere doesn’t know about me:
1. This actually might be an unknown for a few people who know me “in real life”: I’m a mutant. Seriously. My mutated genes expressed themselves by giving me one blue eye and one brown eye.
2. I am very afraid of Kevin Bacon. Therefore I have not seen Footloose, Mystic River, and definitely not Hollow Man; and I covered my eyes and hid during his appearances in Apollo 13 and A Few Good Men. I’m getting twitchy just thinking about him. *shudder*
3. I couldn’t burp out loud until I moved away to college and learned to belch from my freshman year roommate, Beth. My mother is horrified by this new-found talent.
4. I tie my shoelaces by making two loops and tying them together — none of this bunny-around-the-tree-and-in-the-hole nonsense. My mother swears she didn’t teach me this. I have very vivid memories that would indicate otherwise.
5. Once, at summer camp, I “beat up” a boy I liked with a stuffed manateeuntil he said, “Ok! You win!” I never have been very “normal” at flirting.
6. I am not allergic to poison ivy or poison oak. (Unless I’ve developed the allergy recently, but I’d rather not test it.)
7. I still have one of my baby teeth. (I do not, however, have any of my wisdom teeth, nor do I, as of my last check-up, have any cavities.)
8. I have never broken a bone. (I have plenty of scars and great accident stories, though!)
Now on to the tagging. In the spirit of encouraging people who don’t blog often [ 😉 ] and those who probably don’t get tagged much, I tag Sandra, Bethany, J, The Molten Marmot, Ken & Sarah (who could do it jointly or separately), HHHMcC (which should be interesting), Kyle, and Elissa.